Welding, NDE, & Coating Inspections Services
ES has the knowledge and experiences to inspect all types of protective coatings & insulation systems, including:
- Flame spray applications
- Baked on coatings
- Marine coatings
- Fireproofing material
ES personnel have been trained under the guidelines of the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) and are certified by NACE as Level II of III internationally recognized coating inspectors. Some of the coating activities performed include :
- Verify environmental conditions and compare the results with the project specifications and the manufacturer's printed data/instructions.
- Verify that the material to be utilized is the correct material and record batch number.
- Inspect and confirm the equipment is suitable for it's application, compressor size, moisture traps and separator, spray equipment has regulators and agitation.
- Perform visual and profile inspections of the prepared surface(s) and then record the findings on daily reports.
- Witness the mixing of the coating material and confirm compliance to the manufacturer's printed data.
- Monitor the application process.
- Verify dry film thickness of each layer of the system and perform a visual inspection of each layer.
- Monitor/perform the holiday inspection of the completed system on the interior and/or exterior surfaces.
ES provides AWS certified welding inspectors who are trained to perform welding inspection in accordance with AWS D.1, ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3, ABS, API and other recognized codes and standards. Some of the activities performed during welding inspections may include:
- Witness the welding procedure specification and procedure qualification testing.
- Witness the welder or welding operator qualifications.
- Verify grade of materials. Verify that the correct joint preparation is being used.
- Verify that the welding equipment is in correct working order.
- Monitor the essential and non-essential variables of the welding procedure specification and the procedure qualification record.
- Witness the required NDE and confirm the results.
- Witness implementation of the WPS/PQR into the actual production processes.
- Confirm tractability of the welder or welding operator
Non-Destructive Testing and Inspection
ES provides experienced NDE personnel for many inspection applications. We are experienced in a variety of NDT Inspection Standards, including AWS, ASME, ANSI, ASTM and a variety of international codes.
- Personnel are certified to SNT TC 1A
- ASNT Level II or Level III in UT, MT, PT, & RT
- Develop Procedures
Qualification programs in UT and AUT
- Experienced with advance NDE procedures and techniques, such as phase array.
- Confirm Code Compliance
Pipe Mill Inspection
ES also offers extensive pipe mill inspection services ranging from Supervisors, lead inspectors to experienced and certified inspection teams. We are experienced not only in domestic mills but mills in China, Brazil, Italy, Germany, Mexico and Argentina. We would be pleased to confer with interested parties concerning all aspects of any upcoming projects that require third party inspection services. Please contact Bob Nicholas. His contact information is on the associates page ».
Copyright © 2008-2011 Engineering Services, LP. All Rights Reserved.
| Site Map
| Contact Us
Services: Forensic/Litigation Engineering Experts
| Consulting Engineering Services
| Root Cause Failure Analysis
| Inspection Services
Nondestructive Examination and Testing of Welds, Visual, Radiographic, Magnetic, Dye Penetrant, Radiography, Non-Destructive Testing
Oil & Gas Industry - Pipe Mill Inspection, Subsea Equipment Fabrication, NDE inspection, coatings, and insulation